Ruth McNally Barshaw over at Ellie McDoodle has nicely tagged me for one of those "Five Things" blog chain letter memes. Liz Goulet DuBois and Elizabeth Dulemba also kindly tagged me with those "You Make My Day" stickers.
Thanks to Ruth, Liz and Elizabeth for making me feel OK and decent! I really appreicate it. Man, it is nice to think that I actually made someone's day. Why? Because one of my sons right now makes me feel like some kind of alien...
Here are my five things:
1. I play the banjo. Well, I am struggling to play the banjo. I love the banjo and always have, so here is the latest picture of me playin' my instrument. I love this outfit! This is the way I dress to go to my lesson, even:
2. I collect junk. Yeah, I know. You ALREADY know that about me. Well, here is my latest eBay thing, and it came upon me quite by accident when I was looking at tin toys, although I am sure that coveting Liz's collection didn't help:
3. I dig stuff. And I dig stuff up. Here I am, looking for stuff on a recent archeological dig:
Only joking! Of course, I was dead serious about the banjo outfit.
Here is the kind of place where I really go to dig stuff up:
And places like this:
4. I am VERY patriotic. I always have been, even when I was a hippie.... I have a whole powder room in my house that I call "The State Room" because it is filled with patriotic stuff and junk about presidents.
5. I like to write backwards. I actually like to write backwards and forwards at the same time with both hands. I have done this since I was a little girl. I have no idea what it means.
I think that most everyone I read has already done these memes, but if you would like to participate, please leave me a comment.
And so many of you make my day! I also love the kid lit blogs. So I 'll pass along the Make a Day award to Roger Sutton at Read Roger, Anne Boles Levy of Book Buds, Hip Writer Mama , Mother Reader, and Jules and Eisha over at Seven Things.
But it's only by mention here, so they do not feel a need to do a damn thing about it.